A WASHINGTON POST BESTSELLER
Once upon a time Jenn Segal went to culinary school and worked in fancy restaurants. One marriage and two kids later she created Once Upon a Chef, the preferred blog that applies her tried-and-true chef skills with delicious, fresh, and approachable ingredients for family-friendly meals. In Jenn’s book she shares 100 recipes so as to up your kitchen game even as surprising you with their ease. With the authority of a professional chef and the practicality of a busy working mom, Jenn teaches you to reinforce your cooking one recipe at a time, with helpful tips on topics such as how to season as it should be with salt, how to balance flavors, and how to take advantage of leftovers.
There is something for every meal of the day:
• Breakfast favorites like Maple, Coconut & Blueberry Granola and Savory Ham & Cheese Waffles.
• Simple soups, salads, and sandwiches for ideal lunches (try the Fiery Roasted Tomato Soup paired with Smoked Gouda & Pesto Grilled Cheese Sandwiches).
• Entrées the whole family will love like Buttermilk Fried Chicken Tenders.
• Tasty treats for those casual get-togethers like Buttery Cajun Popcorn and Sweet, Salty & Spicy Pecans.
• Go-to sweets such as Toffee Almond Sandies and a Classic Chocolate Lover’s Birthday Cake.
Flip through the pages of this book, and it would be best to make every recipe—whether it’s an easy family dinner your kids will love, an indulgent dessert for someone special, or fun cocktails and appetizers for your friends. This is the book you can turn to time and again, and with Jenn by your side in the kitchen, every meal will taste like the most productive night out!